We are Hiring!
Ranida Games is an independent game development team based in San Pedro Laguna.
We are the developer of the hit game PBA Slam that is currently available for download on iOS and Android.
We are now looking for talented and hard working individuals who are interested in joining our team, if you think you fit our requirements for the open positions below,
send us your resume and portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write code to develop, improve and maintain cross-platform computer games.
- Write code to develop, improve and maintain game development tools.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-discipline team of programmers, artists and game designers on game development projects.
- Learn programming languages, frameworks, libraries, tools and other technologies as needed.
- A desire to make a living through game development.
- A portfolio of games you have worked on as a programmer. A good grasp on game-development-related programming techniques.
- Must be able to communicate in English, whether in speech or in writing.
- Experience with developing games using Unity.
- Experience of Unity 3D using C# as the scripting language.
Optional, but would serve as pluses to your evaluation
- Experience with programming for commercial game development projects.
- Experience with source code versioning systems such as SVN and/or Git.
- Experience with developing games for mobile devices.
- Experience with the use of entity systems.
- A cover letter conveying your interest in game development and in working for Ranida Games.
- Experience with developing games using Adobe AIR
Advice for beginners
- If you do not have any prior commercial game development experience, we highly suggest that you make one or two games to demonstrate your ability to make games as a programmer and your genuine interest to work as a programmer in the game development industry.
- Make sure to include any game you come up with in your portfolio.
- Keep in mind that the games do not have to be pretty - they have to be functional.
Game 2D/3D Artist
- Participate in the development of all our 2D and 3D projects on multiple platform.
- Design and implement the game user interface, including HUD elements and menus.
- Create UI assets, including layouts, buttons, animations and FX.
- Create concept designs and sketches for characters and environments.
- Experience in illustration using Photoshop and other adobe products.
- Experience in using Maya/Blender.
- Adaptable, fun to work with and a motivated self-starter.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Respond well to artistic direction but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Manage responsibilities across multiple projects
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art, particularly casual game art with broad appeal.
- Ability to take direction and criticism well.
- Able to create 2D and 3D game assets in a range of styles.
- An online portfolio showing strong work relevant to this position.
- Knowledge of Flash is a plus.
Nice to have
- Experience in using Unity 3D.
- Experience in scripting (C#)
- Avid gamer and mobile app enthusiast.
If you are interested in any of the positions above, email your resume with links to your portfolio at email@example.com.